Backup to ICloud

I want to backup my 7Plus to ICloud but It says I can't because there is not enough storage available. But my phone says 52.1 GB of 128 GB used. Why won't it let me backup my phone?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 2:13 PM

128GB would be the storage on your iPhone, not on iCloud.

See: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

To see how much iCloud storage you have, see: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

If you want to obtain more iCloud storage, see:

iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support

and

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 2:13 PM in response to AnyoneKnowThis

128GB would be the storage on your iPhone, not on iCloud.

See: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

To see how much iCloud storage you have, see: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

If you want to obtain more iCloud storage, see:

iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support

and

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Nov 11, 2023 10:55 AM in response to FoxFifth

I just got off the phone with Apple's support team. I had a similar problem where my iCloud wouldn't back up. They had me delete all backups and nearly everything I had on the iCloud off of it and it still wouldn't back up. We tried a few more things and then after an few hours I finally got an answer!

The answer I was given in the end is that although they give you 5 GB's of free storage on iClould, the process of doing the backup takes up about 4.5 GB of random background things that just allow the backup to work. So you really have only around 0.5 GB of usable storage on iCloud for free.

Backup to ICloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.