Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 14.1 Notes app Scribble only No drawing toolbar

I cannot find the Drawing Toolbar in the Notes app. No matter what I do, only Scribble works. If I turn Scribble off, the Pencil does nothing except move the screen around. All other apps are fine.(Notability, GoodNotes) I use this all the time for taking handwritten notes, but somehow its broken.

Here are a couple of screen shots of what the minimized Toolbar looks like and then when it expands. No Markup pen selections or ruler, just Annotate. Where did they go?

I have a 10.5 iPad Pro 256gb with 1st Gen Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard. This worked fine a few days ago.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 2:31 PM

Well, I figured it out...🤦‍♂️ I have several Note accounts linked to the app. Little did I know that I was in one of the other folders that I usually only store old notes in and I happened to create a new note that only allows text and not drawings. Once I left that folder and went back into the iCloud folder, lo and behold, there is the Toolbar in all it’s glory! I only hope that this helps someone else!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2020 2:31 PM in response to gritz79

Well, I figured it out...🤦‍♂️ I have several Note accounts linked to the app. Little did I know that I was in one of the other folders that I usually only store old notes in and I happened to create a new note that only allows text and not drawings. Once I left that folder and went back into the iCloud folder, lo and behold, there is the Toolbar in all it’s glory! I only hope that this helps someone else!

iPadOS 14.1 Notes app Scribble only No drawing toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.