Apple Pencil Scribble Keyboard not going away

There is a consistent problem with the iPad and the apple pencil scribble feature: when holding your apple pencil or using the scribble feature, if you choose to show your keyboard, it will cause a small keyboard to pop up instead. I don’t think that’s able to change, but the issue is when I put my apple pencil back, the small keyboard still stays. The two finger pinch does not fix, I have no external extensions applied, and the only way to fix this is to turn off the scribble feature and restart the entire ipad. Please fix!

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 4:47 PM

Just found a workaround: after docking your apple pencil on the side, click the ”hide keyboard” button from one of the four mini ui buttons that appear for the Scribble, and try and click the text field again. The normal keyboard should appear! (Apple staff, please keep this post up for a while so other people may find a solution, because I could not find one whatsoever. Thanks!)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 4:47 PM in response to himanshujain7216

Just found a workaround: after docking your apple pencil on the side, click the ”hide keyboard” button from one of the four mini ui buttons that appear for the Scribble, and try and click the text field again. The normal keyboard should appear! (Apple staff, please keep this post up for a while so other people may find a solution, because I could not find one whatsoever. Thanks!)

Apple Pencil Scribble Keyboard not going away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.