Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil 2 lifts/misses strokes when being used

My Apple Pencil 2 lifts/misses strokes somewhat frequently when I use it for Goodnotes or Procreate. It's especially annoying when I am trying to do something continuous, e.g. use the lasso tool in Goodnotes which gets interrupted and ruins the shape. Sometimes the pencil lifts multiple times per stroke, making certain operations impossible to do.

I noticed that detaching and reattaching the cap for the pencil temporarily prevents this lifting issue, but it only prevents it for around 5-10 mins of use, which I find odd. This is just a workaround, and I want to find a proper solution and where the problem actually is. Could this be an issue with the pencil, or the cap, or the iPad or the application? Thanks for any help!

Restarting the ipad did not fix the issue. The Zoom fix mentioned in most other posts did not fix my issue, as Zoom was already off.

iPad Pro, 16

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 8:34 PM

kper2202 Said:

"Apple Pencil 2 lifts/misses strokes when being used: My Apple Pencil 2 lifts/misses strokes somewhat frequently when I use it for Goodnotes or Procreate. It's especially annoying when I am trying to do something continuous, [...]The Zoom fix mentioned in most other posts did not fix my issue, as Zoom was already off."

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Syncing is off, or perhaps it is no longer being seen as a trusted device. So, refer to the following...

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled

Be certain there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully pair and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 8:34 PM in response to kper2202

kper2202 Said:

"Apple Pencil 2 lifts/misses strokes when being used: My Apple Pencil 2 lifts/misses strokes somewhat frequently when I use it for Goodnotes or Procreate. It's especially annoying when I am trying to do something continuous, [...]The Zoom fix mentioned in most other posts did not fix my issue, as Zoom was already off."

-------

For reference...

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Syncing is off, or perhaps it is no longer being seen as a trusted device. So, refer to the following...

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled

Be certain there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully pair and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

Jan 14, 2023 8:35 PM in response to kper2202

kper2202 Said:

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: on when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Apple Pencil 2 lifts/misses strokes when being used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.