Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The microphone icon is missing from my keyboard on texts. Can I restore it somehow?

Why is the microphone icon missing from my keyboard? Is there a way to restore it? IPhone 7 plus

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 3:58 PM

Hi Rybon,

We understand that you're not seeing the microphone button that you're used to seeing on your iPhone 7 Plus keyboard.

This may be due to Dictation setting. From Settings > General > Keyboards, make sure Enable Dictation is turned on. If it already on, try turning it off, then back on. Check out Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for further tips once Dictation is enabled.

We also recommend trying with Hey Siri enabled if you still have some issues. Check out If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad if needed.

We hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2020 3:58 PM in response to Rybon

Hi Rybon,

We understand that you're not seeing the microphone button that you're used to seeing on your iPhone 7 Plus keyboard.

This may be due to Dictation setting. From Settings > General > Keyboards, make sure Enable Dictation is turned on. If it already on, try turning it off, then back on. Check out Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for further tips once Dictation is enabled.

We also recommend trying with Hey Siri enabled if you still have some issues. Check out If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad if needed.

We hope that helps!

The microphone icon is missing from my keyboard on texts. Can I restore it somehow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.