Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spacebar deletes photos in Mac OS Photos.app - what kind of feature is this?

When I use spacebar to preview a photo stream in Photos.app, and then hit spacebar a second time when viewing the photo, it deletes the photo without prompting. The behavior is similar in recent photos, except that I get a delete confirmation dialog. Is this normal? Is it possible to modify this behavior so that spacebar previews and returns and stops deleting my photos?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 8:12 AM

4 replies

Oct 28, 2020 9:37 AM in response to jbbjbb

jbbjbb Said:

"Spacebar deletes photos in Mac OS Photos.app - what kind of feature is this?: When I use spacebar to preview a photo stream in Photos.app, and then hit spacebar a second time when viewing the photo, it deletes the photo without prompting. The behavior is similar in recent photos, except that I get a delete confirmation dialog. Is this normal? Is it possible to modify this behavior so that spacebar previews and returns and stops deleting my photos?"

-------

No. This is not Normal.

So, two thoughts:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. It might take upto three tries to reset both. So, be certain you have the time to perform this.

B. Report this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feature Type"
  3. Select: "Applications/Utilities" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Oct 28, 2020 9:24 AM in response to Russ New Boy

Ah, egg on my face. Thanks for this question, it made me think. No shortcuts, usually I'd use alfred or BTT for anything, but you made me think of text expander - I have a macro to catch double spaces in MS Word. Somewhere in there I lost the double-space after a period context.

I NEVER would have found this without you prompting my brain. Thanks.

Spacebar deletes photos in Mac OS Photos.app - what kind of feature is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.