Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does School Work App works on BYOD?

I have an iPad which is my personal purchase. Recently, I got a managed Apple ID issued by school, I would like to use it with Apple Schoolwork App.

However, I noticed that I am required to login with the managed Apple ID in Settings. This may log out my personal Apple ID.

Even my IT department tries to enroll my device using User Enrollment which will need my managed Apple ID, it still doesn’t fit for Apple schoolwork app.

if I don’t want to login/logout managed Apple ID and my personal Apple ID in between, does that means I cannot use schoolwork app on my personal iPad?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:14 AM

The school issued an iPad that would work with their systems and processes. If it doesn't meet your personal needs, that is fine, but you would be best to have 2 iPads rather than try to use the personal one for school.

3 replies

Oct 28, 2020 6:09 PM in response to sberman

Thanks to reply. What if my iPad is not owned by school, it’s my personal iPad, I want to bring it to classroom.

The reason why I’m doing that is the iPad issued by school to me was have not enough space and slow. So I bought an iPad Pro. Since my personal iPad is not owned by school, and I don’t want my iPad be supervised by school’s MDM. So I’m thinking whether if enroll my iPad as BYOD program.

But it seems quite difficult if I don’t want to log out my personal Apple ID on my iPad.

Does School Work App works on BYOD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.