Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone ”Watch” app crashes!!!

I bought an apple watch SE and paired it with my wife’s iPhone XR. After a few minutes, I noticed that the phone is not connected to the watch. So I tried opening the Watch app from the iPhone but it crashed. So I restarted both phone and watch but it didn't work. Then I tried deleting the watch app, but it doesn't allow me to do so since the watch is already paired. The phone was running on iOS 14. So I updated it to the latest version which is 14.1 but the issue didn't get sorted. To be honest, I didn't expect this from Apple.

Any help to sort out the above issue is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 4:53 PM

I got it resolved. Following are the steps

• Reset the apple watch
  • Disconnect the watch from iphone bluetooth
  • Back up the iPhone to the PC
  • Reset the Iphone
  • Delete the watch app
  • Restore the Iphone from the backup
  • Delete the watch app again
  • Download the watch app

After the above app started functioning proper.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2020 4:53 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I got it resolved. Following are the steps

• Reset the apple watch
  • Disconnect the watch from iphone bluetooth
  • Back up the iPhone to the PC
  • Reset the Iphone
  • Delete the watch app
  • Restore the Iphone from the backup
  • Delete the watch app again
  • Download the watch app

After the above app started functioning proper.

Nov 1, 2020 12:36 PM in response to rishan

Hello rishan.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing issues with the Watch app. If this is the case, we'd like to look into this with you.

You've done a great job in troubleshooting this specific issue already. From here, you'll want to make sure your Apple Watch is fully updated. You can check for pending updates on your Apple Watch by going to Settings > General > Software update. If an update is available, please attempt to update your Apple Watch.

Update your Apple Watch

You'll want follow the steps listed under "Update directly on your Apple Watch".

Feel free to keep us updated on your results. Cheers.

iPhone ”Watch” app crashes!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.