Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop sharing between my iPhone to my son’s iPad

Every time I download an app to my phone it goes directly to my son’s iPad. How do I stop it? TIA

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 12:06 PM

Each person should have their own Apple ID for their devices even children. They should not be shared for any reason.

While you can go to Settings->App Store, and turn off Automatic App Downloads this is just a bandaid on a much bigger problem.

If your son is a minor, see here: Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Otherwise, create a new Apple ID for him by following the steps here: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

and then sign in with it on his device: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 12:06 PM in response to Ns1980

Each person should have their own Apple ID for their devices even children. They should not be shared for any reason.

While you can go to Settings->App Store, and turn off Automatic App Downloads this is just a bandaid on a much bigger problem.

If your son is a minor, see here: Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Otherwise, create a new Apple ID for him by following the steps here: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

and then sign in with it on his device: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Stop sharing between my iPhone to my son’s iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.