Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Apogee Plugin prompts when opening Logic Pro

When I open Logic, I get Apogee FX Rack windows (5) that open asking for Activation of plugins I don't have. They were never installed, and now I don't use Apogee anymore. I deleted all Apogee files I could find. What am I missing?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 12:21 PM

Sounds like the Apogee FX Rack Component is perhaps the issue (the plugin that hosts the individual Apogee plugins). Have you deleted this? (Library > Audio > Plugins > Components > Apogee FX Rack Component).

Failing that, I'd contact Apogee support on this one... they'll know where any other hidden files may reside!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 12:21 PM in response to Satori Bob

Sounds like the Apogee FX Rack Component is perhaps the issue (the plugin that hosts the individual Apogee plugins). Have you deleted this? (Library > Audio > Plugins > Components > Apogee FX Rack Component).

Failing that, I'd contact Apogee support on this one... they'll know where any other hidden files may reside!

Oct 28, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Wilddrums

Thanks for the quick response. I've run the Element uninstaller through restart, the Activation windows are still coming up on Logic open. The weird thing is that I never bought those plugins. They are paid plugins and Apogee prompted me to buy them but I didn't. For some reason the window asking me to Activate them (buy and register them) keeps coming up. I will try the Apogee forum.

Oct 28, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Satori Bob

Check your Plugin Manager (Logic X menu > Preferences > Plugin Manager)... if there's any Apogee plugins listed, uncheck them - this should get rid of the prompts when re-starting Logic. If there are any Apogee plugins listed... they must have been installed at some stage, (either as demos, or part of a hardware install). If you really don't want them on your system, use Spotlight to find all traces & trash them!

Problem with Apogee Plugin prompts when opening Logic Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.