Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Plugins in the Drop Down Plugin Menu

I have a few plugins that don't work in my Logic Pro X. They are in the AU plugin manager, and is checked and everything, but they don't show up in the Plugin Menu? I tried to write to the manufactory but they said I have to write to Apple Support.

All my other plugins works, but as said its like 4 that doesent. I tried to rescan, and reinstall them, but nothing.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 4:25 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Apr 1, 2021 4:48 PM in response to TBNAudio

2nd method involves a little mor work:

Be sure to remove all incompatible plugins from the two component folders:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

I highly recommend, after you delete plug-ins from the Components folder, to delete your plug-in caches so LOGIC can re-start the scanning process from scratch.

Re-setting the Logic Pro X plug-ins cache manually Print

1. Close Logic Pro X.
  2. Using macOS Finder go to “~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/” (without the quotes).
  3. Manually delete the com. apple. audiounits. cache file (to force a complete new plug-ins scan).
  4. Re-open Logic Pro X.
  5. Reboot the computer (mandatory).

Keep me posted on your progress,

Eddie G.

Apr 1, 2021 5:27 PM in response to TBNAudio

Did you try this yet? What were your findings?

2nd method involves a little more work:

Be sure to remove all incompatible plugins from the two component folders:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

I highly recommend, after you delete plug-ins from the Components folder, to delete your plug-in caches so LOGIC can re-start the scanning process from scratch.

Re-setting the Logic Pro X plug-ins cache manually Print

1. Close Logic Pro X.
  2. Using macOS Finder go to “~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/” (without the quotes).
  3. Manually delete the com. apple. audiounits. cache file (to force a complete new plug-ins scan).
  4. Re-open Logic Pro X.
  5. Reboot the computer (mandatory).

Keep me posted on your progress,

Eddie G.

Missing Plugins in the Drop Down Plugin Menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.