Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plugins keep opening in Control View even after I make the change in Preferences...

I'm still looking for an answer on how to get rid of this "bug":

How can I keep my plug-ins from opening in Control View when my preferences (Logic Pro X --> Preferences --> Display --> Mixer --> "Open in control View") is unchecked?

I keep getting this "warning" message that pops up every time I try to view a plug-in or insert one:

I obviously don't want this, and I click "Do not show this message again" and then Cancel because clicking "Ok" will change my preference to "Controls View".

Basically, it's as if Logic refuses to let me change it to the Editor View option despite my best efforts. I've scoured the internet for an answer to this and can't find anything short of uninstalling Logic and then reinstalling it...Which I don't want to do...

Any ideas?

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 8:55 AM

Perhaps the preference file is corrupted.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. (note: type exactly) ----> ~/Library/Preferences

Press the Go button.

Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this.

Note: if this system has been upgraded for many years you may have an older com.apple.logic.pro.plist file in the same folder, delete that as well.

Note2: All of your custom preferences setting will be reset to defaults.

If you're not using any custom key commands don't worry about that part, the preference files will be rebuilt next time Logic starts.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2020 8:55 AM in response to Glamdring12

Perhaps the preference file is corrupted.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. (note: type exactly) ----> ~/Library/Preferences

Press the Go button.

Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this.

Note: if this system has been upgraded for many years you may have an older com.apple.logic.pro.plist file in the same folder, delete that as well.

Note2: All of your custom preferences setting will be reset to defaults.

If you're not using any custom key commands don't worry about that part, the preference files will be rebuilt next time Logic starts.

Plugins keep opening in Control View even after I make the change in Preferences...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.