Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plugins don't work Logic with M1

Hey!

My plugins don't show up within logic on a MacBook M1. They are scanned and seem all fine in the Plugin-manager but just don't show up in Logics channel-strip. I installed one part and they do work and show up, demo's worked and now after I have purchased them they just don't show up anymore. It must be a bug within Logic, since I don't think its an Ilok problem. I have tried everything by now, please help if you can....

Best,

Jason

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 25, 2021 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2021 1:40 AM

Two more things you can try: first, delete the Logic preferences file in Users/"you"/Library/Preferences > com.apple.logic10.plist, shut down, wait a minute (don't do restart, but a "real" shutdown) start up, see what happens.

If that doesn't work, go to System Preferences>Users and Groups and create a new user account with admin privileges, log into that (after shutdown and startup), and see if the problem is gone.

As a last resort, contact the plugin developer. They will know what to do much better than Apple Support (who generally are rather clueless about Logic Pro).

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2021 1:40 AM in response to JasonBakker

Two more things you can try: first, delete the Logic preferences file in Users/"you"/Library/Preferences > com.apple.logic10.plist, shut down, wait a minute (don't do restart, but a "real" shutdown) start up, see what happens.

If that doesn't work, go to System Preferences>Users and Groups and create a new user account with admin privileges, log into that (after shutdown and startup), and see if the problem is gone.

As a last resort, contact the plugin developer. They will know what to do much better than Apple Support (who generally are rather clueless about Logic Pro).

Apr 26, 2021 1:14 AM in response to Eriksimon

I have tried: -quit logic and restart. -Open plugin manager and re-scan the plugins that don't show up (they ARE validated in the plugin manager and seem fine there). - Removing plugins from Components folder, quit logic, re-start computer, and putting the folder back in place. -Removing AudioUnits Cache file

No luck.

The plugins are from Softube. other earlier installed plugins from Softube do work, including purchased and demos . Than recently purchased these (Modular and Heartbeat) and these don't show up.

I had a similar problem earlier and did a WHOLE reboot, install of my Mac (including Logic and all plugins) and that worked. But now I am back at the same problem.

Apr 26, 2021 12:10 PM in response to JasonBakker

JasonBakker wrote:

Hey,

First off: Thank you for your help!

You're welcome

There is no 'Library' folder in the Users, Me Folder. Also could not find any file called: com.apple.logic10.plist

There is, but depending on what OS you have, it may be hidden (in Big Sur, it is not hidden). If you go to the Finder, then hold option and drop down the Go menu, it will be there. Without the option key, it won't be.

Plugins don't work Logic with M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.