Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will someone call me and say my iCloud acct has been breeched

Received a phn call from someone saying my iCloud has been breeches and they want me to press 1. Is this a real call or a scam?

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 3:21 PM

It is a scam.

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 3:21 PM in response to Volver

It is a scam.

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Will someone call me and say my iCloud acct has been breeched

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.