Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

question about random folder

Does anyone else have a folder in application support called CodecPlatform_MMPDec? you can check by pressing command + shift + G in finder and putting in "~/Library/application support" and then this is where i found it, in application support, i was cleaning my computer up a bit and deleting random, unnecessary files and stuff and found this random folder in here (i was looking in here to make sure no deleted applications that i may have had in the past 2 years forgot to delete their support folder), i was going to ignore it but i couldn't find any information about it online other than a thing with a similar name that was a virus but it was probably unrelated to this, i cant find anything on my computer though as well that it'd be linked to, so no "codecplatform" app, no "mmpdec" app, nothing, i even tried just simply searching up the full "CodecPlatform_MMPDec" term and still nothing found other than this support folder, does anyone have any input on this and/or have it? (if someone wouldn't mind checking their computer as well and tell me if they do or don't have it that'd be amazing as well, especially if lets say someone says they don't have it on their computer (that is running Catalina) and no one else says anything then i think it'd be safe to say that if they don't have it, i don't need it either considering there are no other links)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 4:31 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 28, 2020 6:34 PM in response to Yer_Man

ok yes, i actually have several apps for several compatibilities, like Xcode for code stuff, wireshark for network filetypes, gimp and a couple other misc. apps for viewing and converting different image filetypes like .svg's (which is honestly really annoying that MacOS can't view them by default even though they're not really that complicated), an app called omniplayer that i got from the app store that is for random things like .webp which is another thing that i annoyingly can't view by default on MacOS (but i can see why not though), audacity for music production, conversion, and all that audio stuff, and well, honestly thats it, but considering what you said and thinking of the word codec in the name of the support folder, i wouldn't be surprised if it was one of these, BUT something i did find was when searching "mmpdec", i found stuff by wondershare, and there was a wondershare support folder that i got rid of before encountering this folder (i mostly got rid of the wondershare folder and its associates because it had a .plist file in the shared container which i found odd so i just got rid of it) and wondershare makes things for video production and conversion, ok well, honestly so basically yes that is probably exactly it, thank you, i don't know why or how i didn't think of that in the first place

question about random folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.