Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

damaged copy of macOS High Sierra can not be used for installation

I click on "Get macOS High Sierra" on //support.apple.com/en-us/HT208969, App Store opens, I click on "Open" to get and install macOS High Sierra. I get "This copy of the install macOS High Sierra is damaged and can't be used". Any suggestions on how to upgrade to macOS High Sierra?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 6:19 PM

When the App Store High Sierra download page says Open it is detecting a previous download of the Install macOS High Sierra.app in your Applications folder. Locate it and move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable, Restart your mac go back to the High Sierra download page it will now

say Get or Download.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or use other devices that use the same internet connection.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 6:19 PM in response to pf02

When the App Store High Sierra download page says Open it is detecting a previous download of the Install macOS High Sierra.app in your Applications folder. Locate it and move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable, Restart your mac go back to the High Sierra download page it will now

say Get or Download.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading or use other devices that use the same internet connection.

damaged copy of macOS High Sierra can not be used for installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.