Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I empty the Trash in Mail on my iPad in one motion? Is there a shortcut?

In MacOS, I can empty the Trash in Mail by the keyboard shortcut option+command+shift+delete. Is there a shortcut on the iPad to empty the Trash in Mail? I'm running iOS 14.0.1 on my iPad 6th generation.

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:12 AM

No, there isn’t an equivalent shortcut. Initial delete moves Mail items to the Trash/Bin folder - from which it is possible to either recover an [inadvertently deleted] email, or manually delete forever.

Deleted messages can be configured, from individual Mail account settings, to automatically delete from Trash/Bin after one day, one week or one month.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 7:12 AM in response to danielfrombolingbrook

No, there isn’t an equivalent shortcut. Initial delete moves Mail items to the Trash/Bin folder - from which it is possible to either recover an [inadvertently deleted] email, or manually delete forever.

Deleted messages can be configured, from individual Mail account settings, to automatically delete from Trash/Bin after one day, one week or one month.

How can I empty the Trash in Mail on my iPad in one motion? Is there a shortcut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.