Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having issue with iOS 14. When I get a call from someone, the name which pops on screen as to who is calling is the name of person whom I called last and did not answer. I have seen this several times.

How do I see correct name on the screen of iPhone when someone calls? After updating, if I get a call from someone, name of last person called who did not answer pops up on screen.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:48 AM

It’s a bug caused by some messaging apps such as WhatsApp. When you get a call to the app rather than the phone it corrupts the caller ID queue. Apple is aware of it and will probably fix it RSN (Real Soon Now). A temporary workaround is to restart your phone. You will note that the number or name in Phone/Recents is correct.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2020 8:48 AM in response to manthan96

It’s a bug caused by some messaging apps such as WhatsApp. When you get a call to the app rather than the phone it corrupts the caller ID queue. Apple is aware of it and will probably fix it RSN (Real Soon Now). A temporary workaround is to restart your phone. You will note that the number or name in Phone/Recents is correct.

I am having issue with iOS 14. When I get a call from someone, the name which pops on screen as to who is calling is the name of person whom I called last and did not answer. I have seen this several times.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.