Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 sound issue

When using the camera app in video recording mode, sound is not recorded.

I have tried the usual fixes that have been mentioned, and reset, off and on, bluetooth, do not disturb etc.

To check that the microphone and speaker are actually working, I have made Skype calls, Messenger video chats, and also downloaded a 3rd party video recording app ProMovie, which all recorded audio and play it as well, so that would indicate that the microphone and speakers are functioning properly.

This also tells me that the camera app is probably the issue. My research indicates that it is not possible to delete the app and re-install as I would with other apps.

Before I spend money on buying an app that will do the job properly, is anyone able to advise?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 6:48 PM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2020 6:02 PM in response to Tworrs

Hello Tworrs and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with sound when recording video on an iPhone.

You are correct, the Camera app (which does appear to be the issue here) is not able to be deleted and reinstalled. To accomplish that, you'll need to reinstall iOS on the device. While this shouldn’t affect any data stored on the iPhone, it would be a good idea to make sure you’ve got a backup in place:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Once you’ve successfully backed up your device, follow these steps to reinstall iOS, making sure to choose “Update” when prompted:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

iPhone 11 sound issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.