Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly, my HP laser printer stopped working with my MacBook Pro after updating the latest soft ware.What can I do?

Suddenly, my HP laser printer stopped working with my MacBook Pro after updating the latest soft ware.What can I do?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 5:32 AM

It is a HP Laserjet M402.

The following HP printers are AirPrint-enabled:

HP LaserJet Pro M402c1
HP LaserJet Pro M402c2
HP LaserJet Pro M402d
HP LaserJet Pro M402dn
HP LaserJet Pro M402dw
HP LaserJet Pro M402n
HP LaserJet Pro M402rdn

Unless yours is one of them it will no longer work until HP provides updated drivers. See below.

You can remove the affected software by dragging their icons to the Trash.

Otherwise please contact HP or peruse their community help site, which recently become overwhelmed with reports substantially identical to yours: HP Printer Setup, Software & Drivers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 5:32 AM in response to inkmaker

It is a HP Laserjet M402.

The following HP printers are AirPrint-enabled:

HP LaserJet Pro M402c1
HP LaserJet Pro M402c2
HP LaserJet Pro M402d
HP LaserJet Pro M402dn
HP LaserJet Pro M402dw
HP LaserJet Pro M402n
HP LaserJet Pro M402rdn

Unless yours is one of them it will no longer work until HP provides updated drivers. See below.

You can remove the affected software by dragging their icons to the Trash.

Otherwise please contact HP or peruse their community help site, which recently become overwhelmed with reports substantially identical to yours: HP Printer Setup, Software & Drivers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.