Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot update from 14.2 beta to 14.1 public.

iPadOS repeatedly prompts me to install latest 14.1 public OS. No way to do so. Software update says i’m in 14.2 and therefore “up to date with the latest software”. Deleting my beta profile in the general settings has not resolved the issue. What am I missing here?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 10:16 AM

Deleting the profile will not remove the beta from your device. The only way would be to restore it through iTunes on a computer and then restore from a pre-beta backup. Conversely, if you already removed the profile, do nothing and wait for 14.2 to become public and it will show as a normal update for you and you can update out of beta without having to mess around with your data and attempt recovery and all that jazz.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2020 10:16 AM in response to alx1xla

Deleting the profile will not remove the beta from your device. The only way would be to restore it through iTunes on a computer and then restore from a pre-beta backup. Conversely, if you already removed the profile, do nothing and wait for 14.2 to become public and it will show as a normal update for you and you can update out of beta without having to mess around with your data and attempt recovery and all that jazz.

Oct 30, 2020 10:19 AM in response to alx1xla

As a PS to all posting in the forums about this issue... when you signed up for beta, you digitally signed an NDA that forbids you from discussing the beta softwares in public as well as post on social media or public forums. Removing the beta profile will NOT resolve the issue. Apple is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it.

cannot update from 14.2 beta to 14.1 public.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.