Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PrudenSearch.com as Default Browser - Virus?

When I try to use Chrome as my browser, the default changes to PrudenSearch.com. We've tried various things but haven't been able to change it back to Google as the default. We were able to change Safari and remove PrudenSerach. However, we can't change Chrome. I assume this is malware and/or a virus. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 10:11 PM

1 reply

Nov 2, 2020 8:11 PM in response to McBricks

Hello McBricks,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're concerned about a possible adware or malware, when you try to use Google Chrome as your default web browser. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behaviors we recommend to follow the section in this article that says, "If you might have installed adware or other unwanted software on your Mac": About pop-up ads and windows in Safari These steps are relevant to the behavior you're experiencing and may help.

In addition, you have the option to download and use a third party application called, Malwarebytes. It claims to remove additional items, such as adware or unwanted software. Here's more information: Malwarebytes

Kind regards.

PrudenSearch.com as Default Browser - Virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.