Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uneven volume buttons on iPhone 12 Pro 256 Gb

Hello,

I have noticed that volume buttons on my iPhone 12 Pro are uneven, where the volume up button is furhter in, lets say about a micrometer or so. It feels alittle softer on press but does work normally. I have noticed such state in both original silicon case and out of it. Is there any suggestion how to proceed?

iPhone 12 Pro pacific blue has very long delivery dates, I do not have the option to get rid of my phone for weeks.

So to make it simple:

What are your suggestions on this matter?

Do any of have experience with such a problem? :(

So far I consider just settling down with it ...

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 7:17 AM

Status update, iPhone 12 Pro 256 Gb pacific blue was handled in to the servise dealer at 18.11.2020, today i have recieved a replacement with a whole unit. The new iPhone has everything like it should be. The buttons are even, the reaction thru leather case is perfect. I do recommend Cesky Servis Decin, if you are from Czech republic. They were really kind and helpful :-).

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2020 7:17 AM in response to Gamer978

Status update, iPhone 12 Pro 256 Gb pacific blue was handled in to the servise dealer at 18.11.2020, today i have recieved a replacement with a whole unit. The new iPhone has everything like it should be. The buttons are even, the reaction thru leather case is perfect. I do recommend Cesky Servis Decin, if you are from Czech republic. They were really kind and helpful :-).

Nov 3, 2020 8:40 AM in response to Gamer978

Hello there, Gamer978,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're concerned about your volume up button feeling different from the volume down button. You can clean the buttons to ensure there isn't any debris around the button. You can learn more about your service options here if that doesn't help: If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

We hope this helps you.

Take care!

Nov 12, 2020 4:03 AM in response to over194

Status update, i have replaced my silicone case with leather case, the problem is more significant on the upper volume button just after 3 weeks. It feels mushy now (almost no click sound or feel). I have contacted the support via telephone and they transfered my call to nearby service store. There they told me to check in at 18.11.2020 in the morning. A warranty steps will be taken and Apple should provide me with new replacement unit for my iPhone 12 Pro 256 Gb. I will inform you guys how it carried out. To anyone who registers this problem, contact the support too and get a new replacement as soon as possible. Do consider the fact you need volume up for many combinations with other buttons.

Nov 18, 2020 2:00 AM in response to AL GH

So info update.

My service partner for Apple took my iPhone and said they will probably replace the buttons :(.

I was watching that volume buttons + magsafe+ power button are one part glued to the very back of the phone.

Thus i hope they will change the iPhone piece for a piece as i want to have my water resistivity on a 3 weeks old device 100%..

Any ideas? Should i call Apple support to force the service partner to give me new replacement?

Nov 23, 2020 1:00 AM in response to Gamer978

I have the exact same issue, I’m in NZ and I just got the new phone. iPhone 12 Pro... same button issue right out the box! Contacting my supplier to ask for a replacement. They obviously rushed the production of these phones and quality control was low. 1-4 buttons that’s faulty is extremely disappointing from such an expensive product that’s meant to be the top of the line. Will post an update once I hear back from my supplier

Nov 30, 2020 1:21 PM in response to Popster87

Yea mate... It's very disappointing. Apple have agreed to replace mine as a confirmed out of box failure. The only frustrating thing is that they send you a new phone, which they put a $$$$ hold on in your account, and only once they receive the faulty phone back they then release the funds back to you. So now I am out of pocket by another $2000 (NZD) until they get the damaged phone back from me. A bit of a joke really.

Nov 30, 2020 10:16 PM in response to AL GH

Update: I got the new iphone. The button were OK this time and with the case on I had no issues with pressing the volume button.

However this time the screen looked warmer. Same exact setting as my old xs max iphone, true tone off, Night mode off, max brightness but the screen color looked warmer. Went to apple store and compared it with one other iphone 12 pro max and confirmed that my screen has a warmer shade.

this is only noticeable when compared to another iphone side by side and hard to tell without having a point of reference.

just retuned this one today to get another replacement.

Uneven volume buttons on iPhone 12 Pro 256 Gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.