Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone 12 not receiving group texts

Since upgrading from my iPhone X to IPhone 12 Pro I’ve noticed in a group text (SMS) that I’m randomly missing texts. My husband is in the group too so I can see I’m missing multiple texts at random. Anyone else having this issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 10:14 AM

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 3, 2020 2:26 PM in response to Cardey In response to Cardey

I'm in the same boat as most of you. Upgrade to 12 Pro and passed down my 11 to my wife. Few days later she asked why I wasn't responding to the group message thread we have for my family and then I noticed I was not getting them.

Did all the regular troubleshooting: reset network settings, disable mms/group then reenable, deleted old conversation threads, even reset and setup device as new. I was running the iOS 14.2 beta on the 11 prior to update and did not notice the issue. Even now my wife has the 11 running the 14.2 beta and no issues there. T-mobile checked all account settings and it appeared fine, they recommended getting a new 5G SIM card which I did last week but issues remain.

At this point I have to assume the problem is one of two possibilities:

1. there is a bug in iOS 14 that is only related to the new devices (iPhone 12) or

2. the new cellular radios/chips in the iPhone 12 are having issues with all carriers and this needs to be worked out between the carriers and apple

Nov 3, 2020 2:26 PM

Oct 31, 2020 6:17 AM in response to Cardey In response to Cardey

Yes, I have been having the same issue since upgrading, however I have the iPhone 12. My phone also says I have left the conversation on every group text on my phone, which I know is not the case. I've called Apple a few times and they say its just carrier issue. There are posts on MacRumors about this same issue. I do not believe this is a carrier issue if it's happening to multiple people.

Oct 31, 2020 6:17 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Oct 31, 2020 6:17 AM in response to Cardey In response to Cardey

Yes, I have been having the same issue since upgrading, however I have the iPhone 12. My phone also says I have left the conversation on every group text on my phone, which I know is not the case. I've called Apple a few times and they say its just carrier issue. There are posts on MacRumors about this same issue. I do not believe this is a carrier issue if it's happening to multiple people.

Oct 31, 2020 6:17 AM

Reply Helpful (7)

Oct 31, 2020 1:08 PM in response to Cardey In response to Cardey

I’m also having the same problem on a brand new iPhone 12 pro. It seems to only occur in sms threads (where at least one contact is not an iPhone user) and certain messages are never received making it pretty impossible to facilitate any sort of conversation.

Oct 31, 2020 1:08 PM

Reply Helpful (12)

Oct 31, 2020 5:20 PM in response to jmikulski In response to jmikulski

Yes, I’ve deleted groups and started my own. I’ve also reset network settings multiple times, got a new SIM card, toggled MMS and group messaging on and off. Logged out and back into iCloud. Apple says it’s a carrier issue and my carrier says it’s an Apple issue.

Oct 31, 2020 5:20 PM

Reply Helpful (4)

Oct 31, 2020 8:03 PM in response to jrnola In response to jrnola

Omg yes!! I’ve been in this **** for the last week since I got my iPhone 12 pro. Literal hours spent on the phone between T-Mobile and Apple pushing me back and forth. Did all of the above and on my 3rd SIM card. Clearly not working

Oct 31, 2020 8:03 PM

Reply Helpful (5)
User profile for user: Cardey

Question: iPhone 12 not receiving group texts