Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats Flex active mic?

So I bought a pair of Beats Flex and I can't seem to use them without the microphone being set to "on". I can hear it when I move and as its amplifying the world around me during use. Any chance anyone has seen this and knows how to disarm the mic?

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 4:49 PM

Hello keithmmichaud,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're able to hear the microphone in the background, while using your Beats Flex. We'll be happy to help.

With the issue you're experiencing, we suggest to perform a reset. From there, see if you continue to hear the microphone in the background. To reset your Beats Flex, please follow the section in this article that says, "Reset your Beats Flex": Set up and use your Beats Flex earphones

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 4:49 PM in response to keithmmichaud

Hello keithmmichaud,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're able to hear the microphone in the background, while using your Beats Flex. We'll be happy to help.

With the issue you're experiencing, we suggest to perform a reset. From there, see if you continue to hear the microphone in the background. To reset your Beats Flex, please follow the section in this article that says, "Reset your Beats Flex": Set up and use your Beats Flex earphones

Kind regards.

Nov 29, 2020 7:15 PM in response to JennSpen1

So I talked to a very helpful person on Apple Support. It turns out they were defective and Apple is kindly sending me a new set.

In case this helps someone else, this is what I learned, to trouble shoot:

Make sure you have the latest firmware (currently 3.7.2) for the Beats Flex and the latest iOS (14.2) on your device. in the Bluetooth setting, “forget” and then re-pair your Beats Flex if you needed to update either.

If the headphones still aren’t sounding ok, reset them - hold the power button and the volume down button for 15 seconds. The power LED light will blink red. Let go of the buttons. On your iPhone etc, “forget” the Beats Flex in the Bluetooth setting and then re-pair them to your device.

If the sound is still all muffled and it seems like your mic is picking up every move and rustle the cord makes, they are defective.

Beats Flex active mic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.