Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying question on iTunes

How do I disable this notification???

"after this plays do you want to keep playing or clear the music you previously queued?"

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 7:03 AM

Folks, folks folks! Don't get too worked up over this. Next time you get this annoying message just select "Clear".

It doesn't clear your playlist or anything. And then, you will never see this message again.

Click "Clear" and it's sorted.

84 replies

Jan 1, 2021 10:23 AM in response to DurhamNCUser108

Why is there a queue referenced or used at all?

My playlist is my queue.

A queue could be useful to create a playlist on the fly--but I personally never do that..

This is annoying feature that has a confusing question leading one to believe that songs will be removed from the device after you play them--unless you tap "Keep".

I have personally made a fortune in AAPL and having owned many droids, I attest that it is a superior OS and device.

For me however, use of iTtunes (cross platform) is huge benefit for Apple devices--nothing like this exists in Android.

But this "feature" is TOTALLY ANNOYING and should be a OPTION--not a feature. A bad spec..

Nov 4, 2020 7:05 AM in response to agatebuster

Hi agatebuster,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re being prompted about your music queue within the Music app. We’re happy to help.

According to the article below, “If you play music that's not in your queue, you'll see an option to clear your music queue. If you choose Clear, then the music in your queue is replaced with the music you've selected to play.”

Add music to your queue to play next on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

It is expected behavior to see that alert if you’re playing music that’s not in your queue.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Jan 12, 2021 7:48 AM in response to surinder999

No offense sunrider999 but don’t tell others to not get worked up. Many of us are already suffering from notification anxiety. Apple and some other product makers (such as Audi) keep notifying on way too many items most of which we cannot turn off. For instance, I really don’t need my iPhone to tell me that my power is at 20%, would I like to go into power saving mode? Fuck you Apple! I’m a grown adult who is perfectly capable of checking the battery life. I’ve never run out of gas or had a device go dark because I didn’t realize it was drained. It’s tiring. This just one of many too examples of yet another notification that we have to put up with whether or not we want it.

Apr 2, 2021 10:39 PM in response to agatebuster

gonna sound hella blunt, but stop complaining. its there doing its job. it only shows when you add a song to the queue. doesnt matter if its a playlist or not. if you dont want it, dont hit play next or play later. easy as that.

Apr 23, 2021 4:06 AM in response to agatebuster

Whoever dreamed up this prompt should be fired. I’m starting to dread Apple software updates because people there keep coming up with ways to make intuitive, simple and enjoyable aps more and more nit-picky and complex. Their overseas-made products stop working right after their warranties are over, and their software is getting less and less user friendly, which used to be their hallmark. After all these years, I’m finally getting ready to move on from Apple next time I update my hardware.

Jun 22, 2021 7:28 PM in response to Rhythm_is_a_Dancer

I agree with the angry folks. The “feature” as it’s ironically referred to, is tedious an annoying. If someone actually likes this ability then give the rest of us the option to have a setting where we never have to see it.

Please remove this lack of function until you can make it work for the majority of your users.

I’m pretty sure of us work hard

(including programmers at Apple) are stressed and look forward to having a streamlined, simplified interface when want to relax with music. I know you folks at Apple are able to produce elegant code that could correct the oversight. It will be appreciate.

Jun 23, 2021 12:55 PM in response to iOS-iTunes-issues

I deleted all my iTunes music due to how annoying this “feature” is, and will be canceling my student iTunes account this month for Spotify. I go to listen to music, I don’t need to be asked the same question several times a day every single day.

Whoever thought this was a good idea, needs to fired and never rehired in the field again.

Aug 18, 2021 9:53 AM in response to agatebuster

This is possibly the most annoying pointless useless feature Apple Music had ever had 🙄 if I hit CLEAR it deletes on single song then it seems like I hit SHUFFLE when the rest of my music plays even though I didn’t hit shuffle. I just want to listen to 1 album without it skipping or pausing songs 🙄 remove this feature NOW!

Oct 20, 2021 8:28 AM in response to agatebuster

ever since I updated iOS I also get ask for each question I play in my own custom play list. of course, I want to always keep playing and not clear the songs I created in my own custom play list. this why I create playlists so I can keep playing them over in a certain order. this is the most dumbest setting to have. either give us ability to set a default or remove it

Annoying question on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.