Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails arrive normal and then turn gibberish after a short period of time

Some of my emails arrive normal in Apple Mail but after a while they turn gibberish (attached). They are, however, normal on my internet providers server, in Gmail and Outlook. Has anyone experienced the same problem and it has been fixed? Apple Support asked me to my delete my email account and add it again but it fixed the problem temporarily. I still have the problem.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 7:36 AM

Greetings, kinsamoah.

It appears that you're having a problem with the Mail application on your iPhone. The email is received correctly, but soon after the text contained in the email is gibberish. Great job on checking the email on the webmail site, and we're glad to help with this.

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support -- Please delete the Mail application, then restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support. Once your iPhone has returned to the Home screen, search for "Apple mail" in the App Store to redownload it again. Test the issue for a bit. If your iPhone is on iOS 12 or later, these steps will also work.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, which model of iPhone are you using, and which iOS is it currently on? What other troubleshooting have you used besides the recommendation from Apple Support?

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2020 7:36 AM in response to kinsamoah

Greetings, kinsamoah.

It appears that you're having a problem with the Mail application on your iPhone. The email is received correctly, but soon after the text contained in the email is gibberish. Great job on checking the email on the webmail site, and we're glad to help with this.

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support -- Please delete the Mail application, then restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support. Once your iPhone has returned to the Home screen, search for "Apple mail" in the App Store to redownload it again. Test the issue for a bit. If your iPhone is on iOS 12 or later, these steps will also work.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, which model of iPhone are you using, and which iOS is it currently on? What other troubleshooting have you used besides the recommendation from Apple Support?

Take care.

Emails arrive normal and then turn gibberish after a short period of time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.