Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to Update my High Sierra and get Erro Message - Request time out (-1001)

Today I received an update Notice for my High Sierra 10.13.6

Every time I try to download it stops at 380mb with - An Error has Occurred - Request Times Out (-1001)

I have restarted my MacBook Pro 2017 and each time I try to download, I get the same message.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 12:48 PM

6 replies

Oct 31, 2020 1:12 PM in response to topcop1

Check that you have space on the drive to store the file.

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the Device list. 
  4. Click on the First Aid button in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Try downloading macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Combo Update.

Nov 2, 2020 6:01 AM in response to Kappy

Kappy, I want to thank you for all your patience and support.

This morning I went a different route to find the Update, rather than from the Apple Store, and it worked. The download went throughout and installed without a problem. I no longer have the Apple Store showing a needed update.

This is what the site looked like that allowed me to download.

Thank you Kappy!

Oct 31, 2020 7:30 PM in response to topcop1

You have a special problem with your current system and/or drive. How is the drive formatted? Check using Disk Utility. Your drive should use the GUID partition scheme and be formatted Mac OS Extended, Journaled. There should be two entries in Device list: An out-dented entry with the drive name and size; and an indented entry (startup volume,) usually, named "Macintosh HD."

If everything looks proper, then you need to reinstall macOS on the startup volume. You should be able to do the following:

Reinstall El Capitan or Later Without Erasing Drive

Please be sure you back up, if possible.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the Command and R keys until the Apple logo and progress bar appear. Wait until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, "Macintosh HD") volume entry from the Device list. 
  4. Click on the First Aid button in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Install OS X from the Utility Menu and click on the Continue button.

Oct 31, 2020 3:31 PM in response to Kappy

Thank you for trying to help, but the First Aid did not work.

I attempted to do the Combo Update but I can't...Got the following message......

"Cant be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet requirements for this update."

Also, I can't even start up in safe mode. I have tried a couple of times. the Apple logo appears and the bar fills to the end, but then it sits there. I let it go for an hour before I shut down and started in the regular mode.

Nov 1, 2020 3:58 PM in response to topcop1

It's formatted APFS as indicated under the main heading, "Macintosh HD," where it say, "APFS Volume * APFS." I'm not sure what the problem is. It appears you are already running High Sierra. Perhaps, the error is due to not requiring the update. I'm not sure. The partition section is just informational, if you are attempting to create another partition or add a shared-space volume.

Are you sure you are running High Sierra and not Mojave? The former is 10.13.6. I think that is what you have indicated. There is nothing obvious that would prevent the update from installing.

Trying to Update my High Sierra and get Erro Message - Request time out (-1001)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.