Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to save changes in Photos

I just bought an iPad and when I try to make a markup on any photo it won’t save, I only get this message: “An error occurred while saving. Please try again later.” I turned off the iCloud backup and turned it again, also changed the optimized iPad storage and download and keep originals, restarted the iPad and forced Photos to close but the result is the same.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 2:24 AM

There appear to be a bug - for which there is a workaround; resize/trim the photo before saving.

Next, please submit a bug report to Apple via the product feedback page - submitting the report as a bug. Please include full iPad model details and installed version of iPadOS within the report.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 2:24 AM in response to dannarzs

There appear to be a bug - for which there is a workaround; resize/trim the photo before saving.

Next, please submit a bug report to Apple via the product feedback page - submitting the report as a bug. Please include full iPad model details and installed version of iPadOS within the report.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Unable to save changes in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.