Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps asking for Outlook email password

I had an account set in outlook to my apple email address. Yesterday a pop up kept appearing to input my password. I entered my apple password and still kept popping up. In my frustration I deleted the apple email account from outlook and figured I would just add it again as a new account. I have followed the instructions found on the internet for adding an apple email address to outlook and the pop up for a password still continues to pop up. How do I get this resolved? I entered the account with my apple email address, apple password, incoming email as imap.mail.me.com, outgoing as smtp.mail.me.com, input the user id as my apple ID email address, input my apple password, went to advanced and changed incoming to 993 SSL and outgoing to 587 SSL. Still will not add the account. HELP

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 12:47 PM

Thank you. After much research I finally figured that out. My incoming started working but the outgoing wasn’t. Had to set the outgoing with the same authentication. The info on the web doesn’t mention any of this when you just Google about adding an email account to outlook. Several hours spent getting it working again. Glad that’s over with.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you. After much research I finally figured that out. My incoming started working but the outgoing wasn’t. Had to set the outgoing with the same authentication. The info on the web doesn’t mention any of this when you just Google about adding an email account to outlook. Several hours spent getting it working again. Glad that’s over with.

Nov 1, 2020 9:28 AM in response to jenniefromnew baltimore

You need to enable 2 Factor Authentication on your Apple ID and create an app specific password to use. If your account won’t allow 2 Factor Authentication, try 2 Step Verification.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.   

2 Factor Authentication - How to generate a recovery key  

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

iPhone keeps asking for Outlook email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.