You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for windows 10: Can I edit/delete/manage photos from Windows?

I have iCloud installed and it will correctly download any photos from my iPhone to my PC automatically, so that's good. What I want to be able to do is to edit and or delete photos from my PC and have that change reflected in iCloud and on my iPhone.

According to this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205328

How do I delete photos and videos in iCloud Photos?

In iCloud for Windows 11.1, photos and videos that you delete from your Apple device or iCloud.com will delete from your PC unless you have chosen to pin them. And when you delete a photo or video on your PC, it will also delete in iCloud Photos. 

In iCloud for Windows 10 and earlier, you can delete photos and videos in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, and on iCloud.com.

When you delete photos and videos from your Apple device or on iCloud.com, they won't delete from your PC. And when you delete a photo or video on your PC, it won't delete in iCloud Photos.

What the heck is iCloud for windows 11.1??!! It seem that that is what I need.

My iCloud version is 7.21 and I'm on the latest Win10 20H2 version.

Thanks.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 8:23 AM

Hello, KeithJB.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We see that you would like to update iCloud for Windows to version 11.1, but don't see the option to do so.

You may have originally downloaded iCloud for Windows from the Apple website. If that's the case, use the Microsoft Store to download the latest version:

Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps! Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2020 8:23 AM in response to KeithJB

Hello, KeithJB.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We see that you would like to update iCloud for Windows to version 11.1, but don't see the option to do so.

You may have originally downloaded iCloud for Windows from the Apple website. If that's the case, use the Microsoft Store to download the latest version:

Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps! Take care.

Nov 5, 2020 9:43 AM in response to KeithJB

I signed out and signed in again and it makes no difference. Files edited or deleted from Windows are not updated in iCloud.

Also, now I cant now setup the outlook add-in because of this error. It used to work but now it doesn't :(

Help!

When I hit try again, I get this error:

I do have a default account set up in Outlook so I don't know what its complaining about....

Nov 5, 2020 9:04 AM in response to brenden dv

OK Thanks. The way the article was worded, I thought it meant that there was a version of Windows that was 11.1!

I have done as you suggest. I did have the original download from the apple website so now I updated to the Microsoft Store version which is 11.4 and it downloaded all my photos from iCloud but If I delete or edit from the PC, the files are NOT deleted from iCloud so its still not working as advertised. I'm going to try signing out of iCloud then signing in again and see what happens... I did not uninstall the prior version of icloud. Should I have done that I wonder?

Nov 6, 2020 8:51 AM in response to KeithJB

OK, well I repeated the Outlook setup today and it worked so I dont know what the problem was. So my outlook contacts and calendar are syncing fine.

So, back to the main issue, iCloud photos doesn't synchronize changes made from the PC.

If I open my iCloud photos folder in windows I can see the pics now but if I delete one from windows, it does NOT get removed from iCloud. However, if I delete one from my iPhone, it DOES get removed from Windows so it's half way working but still needs work on Apple's end to make it work as it should I think. Is there a fix for this?

iCloud for windows 10: Can I edit/delete/manage photos from Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.