Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Automation - When nobody is home not working

I installed some contact sensors for the door and wanted to sound an alarm using my Homepod as a speaker. It works great when I test conditions:

When somebody is home

When I am home

When I am not home

But it does not work at all when I set to Nobody is at home.

I took my wife and my devices with me away from home but it still thinks someone is home. My wife and I are the only ones on the Home app.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have an Apple TV and homepod at home. I’ve got one Philips hue sensor and one Eufy camera. I do have a pet dog at home so perhaps it’s detecting her and thinking someone is home.

Please advise.

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 1:47 PM

Hello Billeitel,

It sounds like your automation isn't working as expected when set to "When nobody is Home." We understand how much of an inconvenience this can be and we are here to help.

First, let's try to delete the automation and set it up again. This article can provide some guidance: Create home automations with the Home app

Start off with the section titled "Turn off or delete an automation."

When you test, verify that Low Power Mode is disabled and your device is sufficiently charged: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

If you are still experiencing issues, can you provide a few more details? Which devices and iOS versions are you currently using? Has this function ever worked previously? Also, are you experiencing any issues with other accessories?

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 1:47 PM in response to billeitel

Hello Billeitel,

It sounds like your automation isn't working as expected when set to "When nobody is Home." We understand how much of an inconvenience this can be and we are here to help.

First, let's try to delete the automation and set it up again. This article can provide some guidance: Create home automations with the Home app

Start off with the section titled "Turn off or delete an automation."

When you test, verify that Low Power Mode is disabled and your device is sufficiently charged: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

If you are still experiencing issues, can you provide a few more details? Which devices and iOS versions are you currently using? Has this function ever worked previously? Also, are you experiencing any issues with other accessories?

Cheers!

HomeKit Automation - When nobody is home not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.