Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud family sharing

Hello, my spouse currently has a 200GB iCloud plan that is shared with the family, but it is filling up fast.

Is it possible to buy my own 200GB plan and share that with the family, so we would have 400GB in total, or is the only option to go to the 2TB plan? From what I can see online, it seems this is not possible, but I wanted to check before paying for the upgrade.

Thank you!

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 9:22 AM

You can certainly purchase your own iCloud storage Family Share (200GB) but when you go to share it with your family, you'll see an error that they are already in a Family Sharing. Therefore, it is probably best for your spouse to upgrade to the 2TB option.

Also, with the introduction of the new Apple One bundle packages, one can subscribe to those as well -- Apple One - Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2020 9:22 AM in response to BrettYoung

You can certainly purchase your own iCloud storage Family Share (200GB) but when you go to share it with your family, you'll see an error that they are already in a Family Sharing. Therefore, it is probably best for your spouse to upgrade to the 2TB option.

Also, with the introduction of the new Apple One bundle packages, one can subscribe to those as well -- Apple One - Apple.

iCloud family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.