Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get to see a search result in song view?

In iTunes I could do a search and remain in Song view, with all the columns displayed, so that the result showed all the columns. In Music whenever I do a search the result always seem to appear in one of the other views (like Album or Playlist) so that none of the columns are displayed.

How can I do a search and see the result in the Songs view with all the columns, please?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 1:00 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 6, 2020 12:33 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi Snick, I think you misunderstood my question. What I want to do is type in the search field and have the result appear in the song 'view' format that I always have the app in. My problem was that doing that always seems to change the view to one of the others.

tt2, That seems to work better than the official Apple guide linked above; thank you so much. When that is applied it looks like the search box in iTunes, in the same place as in iTunes. Shame that it isn't there all the time, really... like it was in iTunes.

Sometimes when Apple thinks it is making something simpler, all they do is make it more complex.

Nov 6, 2020 1:15 AM in response to Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac wrote:

tt2, That seems to work better than the official Apple guide linked above; thank you so much. When that is applied it looks like the search box in iTunes, in the same place as in iTunes. Shame that it isn't there all the time, really... like it was in iTunes.
Sometimes when Apple thinks it is making something simpler, all they do is make it more complex.

+1

tt2

How can I get to see a search result in song view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.