Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not displaying all songs by artist?

This has happened since updated to iOS 16 using apple music 1.2xxxxxxxx. If I use "Filter Field" to show all songs by an artist, only some songs of the songs display. Example, if I type "Roy Orbison" the bottom of my library says that I have 80 songs. Yet, it will only display about 22? There is no scroll bar to see any of the songs, and the up down buttons don't work either. All of the albums come up, but how do I see the complete list of songs. Any Ideas?

P.S. Apple, please allow the "Filter Field" to be permanent display, why this was changed I'll never know. It is such a pain for all of your users who like to own their music.

-Will

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 12:14 PM

Use the Songs view. Enable any columns that might have the value you're looking for, e.g. artist and album artist at minimum, possibly composer also. If you're talking about a connected device then manual management is poor when compared to iTunes. Switch to syncing with selected playlists so you can control things properly in the library.

You should be able to scroll up and down with mouse, trackpad, or cursor keys regardless of whether the scroll bar is visible. Typically Apple make it show only when in use.

Use Feedback - macOS - Apple to share your thoughts on the filter field.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2022 12:14 PM in response to wrhusc

Use the Songs view. Enable any columns that might have the value you're looking for, e.g. artist and album artist at minimum, possibly composer also. If you're talking about a connected device then manual management is poor when compared to iTunes. Switch to syncing with selected playlists so you can control things properly in the library.

You should be able to scroll up and down with mouse, trackpad, or cursor keys regardless of whether the scroll bar is visible. Typically Apple make it show only when in use.

Use Feedback - macOS - Apple to share your thoughts on the filter field.

tt2

Apple Music not displaying all songs by artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.