Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferred Songs To iPhone Music App Show Unknown Album

Hi,

Many of my purchased songs from Amazon, iTunes, etc shows "Unknown Album" even though if the "AlbumName" and "AlbumArtist" section are the same, except the "SongTitle". As a result, after transferring the music to my iPhone, songs from the same album are not together in one album. Many people had this problem before but there's no answer. I'm trying to find out if anyone know any solution to this?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 4:35 PM

Okay guys, I found the solution to the Apple Mess. If anyone else come around this mess, here’s the steps to take:

On Finder, click on [YOUR DEVICE NAME] and some taps will appear at the top. Hit the MUSIC tap and check on “Sync music onto [YOUR DEVICE NAME] and apply the changes.

Follow your normal steps to transfer the music. Now, Music app will no longer incorrectly show “Unknown Album”.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 4:35 PM in response to rinkumiah

Okay guys, I found the solution to the Apple Mess. If anyone else come around this mess, here’s the steps to take:

On Finder, click on [YOUR DEVICE NAME] and some taps will appear at the top. Hit the MUSIC tap and check on “Sync music onto [YOUR DEVICE NAME] and apply the changes.

Follow your normal steps to transfer the music. Now, Music app will no longer incorrectly show “Unknown Album”.

Transferred Songs To iPhone Music App Show Unknown Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.