Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive imports way too fast.

Hi,

Is there any way to slow down the import speed on the superdrive.

It'll play a CD just fine without skipping. When I import the exact same CD into Music, it skips like it's scratched up. There are no fingerprints, scratches, or marks of any kind on my CDs. It's doing this with all my CDs.

My theory is that the Superdrive is importing the CDs way too fast. It's shaking my desk when it imports.

I've done all that I know to try and slow it down. I've turned on error correction, didn't slow it. I've opened the CD in finder and made a copy of the CD without the Music program.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Tina

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 7:50 PM

Hello TinaMAC88,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with importing CD's.

Please start by checking everything is set up as described here: Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

That article above then links to this article to help you adjust your settings: Choose import settings in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 7:50 PM in response to TinaMAC88

Hello TinaMAC88,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with importing CD's.

Please start by checking everything is set up as described here: Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

That article above then links to this article to help you adjust your settings: Choose import settings in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Superdrive imports way too fast.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.