Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple SuperDrive in windows 11 pc

My pc recognizes that there is a DVD RW Drive connected. But the SuperDrive won't accept discs.

Is this a problem with my SuperDrive or do I need to download something like a bootcamp or other to get it to work?

Windows

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 3:48 PM

It's an apple device with specific firmware. it's not like a regular HP device. To get mine working, i downloaded the bootcamp files 5.1.5769 from apple Download Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5769.

After downloading, go to Downloads\bootcamp5.1.5769\BootCamp\Drivers\Apple.

As soon as I started to run AppleODDInstaller64.exe, the CD-RW I wanted to burn some Flac files onto was automatically loaded by the Apple Superdrive. This is for a Sony Walkman hobby I'm into.

Now everything is working ok.

FYI: I'm on the latest 64Bit Windows 11 Pro, 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz, Intel i-5 11400F.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2023 3:48 PM in response to Phil0124

It's an apple device with specific firmware. it's not like a regular HP device. To get mine working, i downloaded the bootcamp files 5.1.5769 from apple Download Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5769.

After downloading, go to Downloads\bootcamp5.1.5769\BootCamp\Drivers\Apple.

As soon as I started to run AppleODDInstaller64.exe, the CD-RW I wanted to burn some Flac files onto was automatically loaded by the Apple Superdrive. This is for a Sony Walkman hobby I'm into.

Now everything is working ok.

FYI: I'm on the latest 64Bit Windows 11 Pro, 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz, Intel i-5 11400F.

Dec 21, 2022 9:44 AM in response to Ana_Maria_J_G

Bootcamp is used to run Windows on Mac, it has nothing to do with CD/DVD drives.

You should not need to download anything for the drive to work. It's a standard USB optical drive and should work directly.

What kind of CDs or DVDs are you inserting into the drive exactly?

Are they data discs? or Movie discs?

If they are data discs, are they mean for Windows or Mac?

What happens when you insert them exactly? Does the drive just spit them back out?

Using Apple SuperDrive in windows 11 pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.