Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Email Notificaitons

I have an iPhone SE, iOS 14.1 & Apple Watch 4, watchOS 7.0.2. My phone is 3 months old, my watch is just over a year old.

I am receiving 2 notifications for EVERY email in both of my accounts on my watch - work exchange account and personal outlook.com account. I only get 1 notification for each email on my iPhone

I have un-paired and re-paired my watch and phone, I have done a factory reset on my watch and my phone.

All of this and I STILL get 2 notifications on my watch for every email. This all started when I did the last OS update on my phone and watch.

Not only does it drive me nuts, but it also drains the battery in my watch in about 6 hours.

How can this be resolved? If I set my watch to mirror the notifications on my iPhone, I don't get any notifications on my watch.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 9:35 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 6, 2020 8:38 AM in response to Rebel1848

Hi, Rebel1848.

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you’re receiving double notifications on your Apple Watch from the Mail app, and you’ve done some pretty extensive troubleshooting to try and find a resolution, without success.

We noted another Apple Support Communities user with this exact issue a few months ago. This resolution worked for them:

Apple Watch receiving double notification… - Apple Community

Let’s try it and see if it helps:

1. From the Watch app on your iPhone go to My Watch > Notifications > Mail, and choose Custom + Notifications Off. 
  2. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone with these instructions:

Restart Apple Watch - Apple Support

Do you continue to receive double notifications? If you do, tell us more about your notification settings on your Apple Watch. If they’re set to mirror your iPhone, let us know how you have those set as well. We’ll do everything we can to help.

Best Regards!

Nov 13, 2020 10:03 AM in response to hutcho2483

Hi All,

Spent a couple of hours with Apple Support on this as I am having the same issue across three email accounts. The common themes with the issues are:

• Watch OS 7.x (For me started with 7.0 all the way up to 7.1)
  • Exchange Servers for email
    • All versions impacted (I have one account on Exchange 2010 and another on Office 365)
    • Did not happen with iCloud emails
    • Did not happen with POP3 accounts

As with everyone else, I have done full (I mean FULL) resets of both the phones and watch. The phone was an X and is now 12 Pro, no change between the two.

The watch is a Nike Series 3 LTE (MQL62CL/A).

After the nearly two hours we did have my watch stopped from double notifications, but that didn't last. 15 minutes later I was back to emails arriving twice.

Back to the drawing board.... Hoping 7.2 will resolve this.

Nov 8, 2020 5:09 PM in response to bailier

Hi

I'm having the same issue. I've unpaired it, factory restored both my phone and my watch, turned notifications off on both watch and phone and rebooted them both then turned both back on.

I've currently got them set to "mirror iphone" but have had on custom.

I've also got 3 email accounts, icloud, work and personal home. I've resulted in turning my iCloud email on, turning notifications off on my watch for this account, and just can't get the double notifications to stop.

IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

Can anyone please please please help me

I have an iphone XS and an apple watch series 5 cellular. Apple watch software is watchOS 7.1 and iphone software is iOS 14.2

Double Email Notificaitons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.