Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My Iphone Update won't install

Trying to update Find My IPhone on older iOS devices are not working.

Received a push notification through App Store asking me to update this app.

When we try, we all get the message "Unable to download at this time, try again later", and are stuck with a notification badge asking us to update the app.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251668519?answerId=253781603022&page=1

There are more messages being added to this discussion thread but nobody from Apple will answer this, because seemingly, it looks like Apple has "recommended" an answer that is completely irrelevant. Therefore, I am creating a new post in the hope of Apple seeing it.

Lots of people in that previous forum has been recommended to update the iOS, but updating the iOS has not solved the issue for anyone; some are suggesting that we get newer devices, but most of the people in that particular discussion have multiple devices from Apple that are new. We are not going to throw away a working device because it is not supported.

I've spoken on phone to Apple support who couldn't provide me with a solution.

Looking forward to a solution ASAP.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 2:46 PM

15 replies

Feb 17, 2021 5:09 AM in response to jcville

Same here. Son has my old mini 1 running 9.3.5. Not sure when it popped up but update for FMI from 2014 has appeared and at best I can get it to ‘download’ but gets stuck to which I have to cancel.

There are a few other pending updates but I’m receiving another message. I wasn’t sure if either of these issues were related/ FMI update preventing others from updating or vice versa but it’s extremely annoying.

Tried resetting settings, resetting network settings, signing out and back into iTunes, changing automatic date on and off, turning on and off restrictions but nothing has worked!

Apple need to resolve this issue!

Nov 2, 2020 7:07 PM in response to jcville

When YouTube told me it had an update for my older device, it was able to detect that my device was incompatible and installed the last compatible update and then stopping asking me to update.

Google can figure this out. Every other company on the Apple App Store can figure this out. Apple, who designed the entire system, can't?

Not can't. Apple will not.

Dec 5, 2020 9:36 AM in response to jcville

Same issue. iPad 2. Highest 9.3.5 OS available. What I find weird with this is the fact that I’ve been running this iPad 2 for 3 years with no update issues. WHY has a “find my” update from 2014 suddenly popped up now in 2020? As others have said, why are we being advised it’s not compatible when it states the requirement is iOS 8? Poor show Apple.

Find My Iphone Update won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.