Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone iOS 14 update immediately started dinging with no notifications visible

My phone XR updated to 14 on Saturday night 10/31/20. It immediately started dinging with no notifications visible and has continued all day and all night with no relief. I am at the point of trading it in? Can you please fix this or tell me what is causing it. It never did this until the update. I have tried turning off notifications on various things to no avail.

Thanks,

DingedOut

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 5:18 PM

I have confirmed that the Foscam camera motion alerts are getting through the turned off notifications on my phone. I went online with the cameras and disabled the motion feature and so far all dings have gone away. Before I disabled them, I could walk in front of a camera and would get the ding, now it does not happen. Strange enough right?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2020 5:18 PM in response to Appleuser0591

I have confirmed that the Foscam camera motion alerts are getting through the turned off notifications on my phone. I went online with the cameras and disabled the motion feature and so far all dings have gone away. Before I disabled them, I could walk in front of a camera and would get the ding, now it does not happen. Strange enough right?

Nov 2, 2020 4:53 PM in response to Appleuser0591

I may have just found out what is causing the dings. I have several Foscam video cameras in my house and have notifications turned off in settings on my phone. The camera seem to be pushing motion alerts through anyway. I can consistently cause a ding when I walk in front of a camera. I will update after I can turn off the motion alerts in the cameras.

Thanks

iPhone iOS 14 update immediately started dinging with no notifications visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.