Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View Outside Frame is purple in my iPhone 11

Today out of nowhere the outside frame view of my camera is purple and when I use my wide angle lens the whole picture is purple. The only time the outside frame view is purple is in regular photo mode and when I’m zoomed out at 1.8 or lower. The outside frame view will go back to normal if the camera is focusing on something fairly close.

I haven’t dropped my phone or gotten it wet so it’s not damaged in any way. Another user was having a similar problem and was told to try 1) closing and reopening the camera app 2) rebooting the phone 3) resetting the phone 4) resetting the phone to factory settings. I’ve done all of this and the camera still isn’t working properly. Please help me fix my camera if at all possible. Thanks.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 8:04 PM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2020 6:24 AM in response to keb_0712

Hello keb_0712,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We see that you're having an issue with your iPhone camera. To make sure that nothing is interfering with your camera, if you have a case on your device, try removing it to see if that makes any difference.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working

Also, make sure that your iOS is up-to-date. The current iOS version is 14.2.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support for assistance. They can be reached at Get Support.

Best regards.

View Outside Frame is purple in my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.