Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv frozen - restart doesn't fix it

Hi,

My apple tv is frozen, I have restarted it with the 2 buttons, unplugged it etc. however it just goes back to the main menu and you can't do anything with it. The remote is fully charged, I can't connect with it as a remote from my mobile phone anymore it says "make sure it is turned on"

Is there something with the latest update that has made this happen?

I appreciate your time :D

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 6:34 PM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response, as my OP mentions, I have attempted to restart with the 2 buttons, I have also unplugged the device and replugged it. I am unable to go to the settings menu because it will not respond even after it has been unplugged. The remote has been charged, my phone has previously connected to it as a remote as well as it is an iPhone and it says the device is not on.

as I am unable to get to the settings menu, and it is not responding after restarting, can you provide any other suggestions? I have already done all these troubleshooting suggestions and looking for other advice.

thank you

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2020 6:34 PM in response to Eric--F

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response, as my OP mentions, I have attempted to restart with the 2 buttons, I have also unplugged the device and replugged it. I am unable to go to the settings menu because it will not respond even after it has been unplugged. The remote has been charged, my phone has previously connected to it as a remote as well as it is an iPhone and it says the device is not on.

as I am unable to get to the settings menu, and it is not responding after restarting, can you provide any other suggestions? I have already done all these troubleshooting suggestions and looking for other advice.

thank you

Nov 6, 2020 6:28 PM in response to isreeree

Hello isreeree,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Apple TV.

Please ensure you try all these options depending on which Apple TV model you own:

1. Restart Apple TV - Apple Support

"Do any of the following:

• Press and hold the   and Home   buttons on the Siri Remote until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly.
  • Disconnect Apple TV from the power outlet, wait five seconds, then reconnect it.
  • Open Settings  on Apple TV, go to System and select Restart."

2 . How to turn off or restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

"If the Settings menu and your remote don't restart your device, unplug your Apple TV from power. Wait six seconds, then plug it back in."

3. Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Apple tv frozen - restart doesn't fix it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.