Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound problem in Pubg mobile

Good afternoon! I apologize right away for my English. I had a problem after upgrading to 14 ios, the fact is that when you turn on the voice chat microphone, the sound of the game itself becomes so quiet that you can hear almost nothing, and when you turn off the microphone, the sound becomes normal again. It is worth noting that this problem appeared after the update, there was no such problem in iOS 13. I'd really appreciate it if you answered.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 1:42 PM

I also have the same problem, after updating to ios14 I have a sound problem with the game. Now I am forced to play without chatting with my teammates. I have to close the mic in order to have a voice.

we truly need a solution for this problem.

regards

24 replies

Dec 23, 2020 12:06 AM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

I contacted PUBGM and this is what they said "There is nothing we can do to help with your issue, and this is an existing issue with the iOS 14 software version, and not the game itself. It treats the in-game voice chat as a normal phone call and this causes it to reduce the in-game sounds. Feel free to share your concerns in this regard in #feedback-bugs."

Nov 7, 2020 8:01 AM in response to eg337

Hello eg337,  

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that when playing a game and enabling the microphone, the sound of the game decreases, but returns to full volume when you disable the microphone. Does this only happen with this one game? If so, you may want to contact the app developer for assistance with their app. This article has steps on how to contact an app developer which you may find helpful: 

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Jan 12, 2021 6:51 AM in response to eg337

Hey ! Its been nice with you !

but when i am playing pubg ! Mic and sound coming perfectly but before the ios 14 update . I got the sound of left right combination ( 3d sound) but now i got the sound of enemies but i did not get that where to come enemy ..

the 3d sound issue is pending now for ios 14 please fix it.

i think you got my point .

Dec 24, 2020 7:30 AM in response to Alwayswantingtohelp1

I am using ipad mini5. The same problem occurs to my ipad when I plug a headphone into 3.5mm audio jack. If the mic is on, the quality of sound goes too muffled and I cannot distinguish a sound comes from which direction in PUBG mobile. But, I tried the lightning to 3.5mm jack converter to connect the headphone, then the problem is solved. However, it is really necessary for me to use my ipad's 3.5mm audio jack for headphone while I use the lightning port for charging. Isn't it possible to fix this issue?

Dec 28, 2020 12:49 PM in response to St3wart

Hi people,

I found several fixes;

I use a ipad 8th gen it has a 3.5mm and lightning port.

What i did was connect my headset using a lighting to 3.5mm converter and after that when i'm in the game lobby restart the game and come again. It works every time for me.

The other fix is try to find a good lag free wireless headset.

Hope this finds helpful, Happy Chicken Dinner peeps

Mar 7, 2021 5:59 AM in response to eg337

The only reason i bought iPad Air was for Pubg, but because of this issue I am not even able to play or enjoy the game properly. Its hard to play a game like Pubg without no or very low sound. The issue only seems to be with headphones. I thought there was something wrong with my headphones (Hyper X cloud II ) , but i am relieved to see that other people are also facing this issue. And with earpods the sound quality is not that good. Please fix it as soon as possible.

Sound problem in Pubg mobile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.