Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil making wavy lines/ breaking lines

My apple pencil started making wavy lines recently.

Sometimes the lines break too, leaving a gap..these stuff happen randomly and idk whats the issue.

I pads these days have more and more issuses cropping up ..i already got my i pad replaced by warranty cuz touch wasnt working properly and with the apple pencil lines were breaking ,my old first gen ipad pro didn’t have such issues .. :(

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2020 12:47 PM

Hi Xorsama,

We see from your post that when drawing with your Apple Pencil on your iPad, the Pencil doesn't draw a continuous line.

To make sure we're on the same page, can you let us know the answer to the following:

• Does the Pencil break lines at the same relative parts of the screen each time?
  • If you move into a different app or try to tap that specific part of the screen with the Apple Pencil does it respond?
  • Take a look over the steps in the following article to confirm the Apple Pencil is paired properly: Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad, after looking over that article, does the issue persist?

Feel free to reply to this thread.

Take care.

Similar questions

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Xorsama

Hi Xorsama,

We see from your post that when drawing with your Apple Pencil on your iPad, the Pencil doesn't draw a continuous line.

To make sure we're on the same page, can you let us know the answer to the following:

• Does the Pencil break lines at the same relative parts of the screen each time?
  • If you move into a different app or try to tap that specific part of the screen with the Apple Pencil does it respond?
  • Take a look over the steps in the following article to confirm the Apple Pencil is paired properly: Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad, after looking over that article, does the issue persist?

Feel free to reply to this thread.

Take care.

Nov 16, 2020 3:32 AM in response to Xorsama

Huh. That's so weird. I use Procreate with the Pencil so here are a few things that could help you find the root cause:

a) do you use any screen protectors? sometimes they interfere with the Pencil.

b) do you see any damage to the nib? or when you remove the nib? anything out of the ordinary? try replacing the nib, maybe?

Hope you figure it out!

Nov 16, 2020 3:46 AM in response to whomsthezul

no screen protector on atm .. i removed it, still there

ill try changing the tip and see

... the only thing i notice is this happens when my palm touches the screen this happens

when my palm is off the screen lines are goood and not wobbly

and yea i use procreate too and this happens there too +sometimes the pressure jumps in procreate.. like im drawing low opacity stroke and it goes for a while and then bam suddenly its in full opacity

Nov 16, 2020 5:58 AM in response to whomsthezul

ohhh

ok so i tried that and replacing the tip

didnt help...

btw in case this helps, when ever there is a break in the line or lines become wavy, there is a slight lag before that happens

like i make a stroke, there is a slight lag, then the stroke appears but wavy...

ill try to record it but it may be hard as the lag is very slight

Nov 18, 2020 4:10 AM in response to whomsthezul

yea its possible, ill try go n see if they can do anything

unfortunately im not hopeful, in my country they dont really do repairs, if its under warranty they give you a new one, if not well ur on ur own..

I cracked my screen of my i pad pro 1st gen , and they told theres nothing they can do

My i pad airs touch stopped working ,luckily it was in warranty so they just gave a new one, sadly its not in warranty anymore

Apple Pencil making wavy lines/ breaking lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.