Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil lags at random times

When I’m using the notes app, I’ll be writing things down then there will be a 3-5 second lag. I’ll finish writing something, then the strokes will fill in a few seconds late. It will also make dotted lines like the pencil was disconnecting or something. Any where there are dotted lines is where the symptoms are occurring

iPad, 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 3:22 PM

Do as I suggested and reboot your iPad. To reboot your device, press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past the swipe to shut down) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go of both buttons and your iPad will restart.

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 12, 2019 1:26 PM in response to Joshcwest

Certainly if your iPad is being taxed by many open and running apps, it could negatively impact what you're doing. I'd recommend a reboot (not restart) of the iPad, which will close everything you've got open and then see if normal writing with the pencil returns. Is this Apple Pencil 2 (attaches to the side of your iPad to charge) or Original Pencil, which charges via lightning port?

Apple Pencil lags at random times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.