Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 Beta message on iPhone 8+...

"A new iOS update is available. Please update the iOS 14 beta."

Every time I unlock I get this message. If I go into/out of the Notification Center, I get this.

I have done two things, uninstalled/installed/uninstalled the profile (restarted multiple times), and vowed never doing an Apple Beta again. ;)

This has been going on almost two weeks. I know to expect some problems with betas.

I would set my iPhone to factory and reload an old backup, but being a bad boy, don't have one newer than when I loaded the first beta. So yes, I brought this on myself.

But any fixes for this yet?

Skip

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 6:58 AM

7 replies

Nov 3, 2020 6:59 AM in response to skiph

You still have the BETA version installed on your iPhone. You may have deleted the BETA Profile however not the update. If you have the BETA profile installed then check for an update. If you do not have the profile then install it again and then update. That will resolve this issue.

If you want to completely uninstall the BETA version and get back to the release version then follow the instructions in this guide by Apple ➔  How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Axel F.

Nov 3, 2020 7:08 AM in response to Axel Foley

Sorry, Axel. Thanks for replying.

I may not have made it clear but I did this the first time I got the message. With the profile installed I tried to update. Said I was already there. Then I started the whole remove/reinstall of the profile and attempt to update. Always told me I was already updated. I am at the point where I have removed the profile again.

I do NOT have (my fault) a good before-beta-backup so cannot use Apple's suggested way to clear up a public beta.

Apparently, this is a stable update as there have not been any public updates since my problem started. So I don't know if that will even work. Updating with an official release.

Skip

iOS 14 Beta message on iPhone 8+...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.