Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XS boot loop error 14

So I've had a few reminders the last few days that my iphone storage was almost full, but hadn't got around to actually deleting any stuff yet. Last night after finishing a facetime call, my iphone slowed suddenly and then crashed, and it ended up in a boot loop.

I put it into recovery mode and plugged it into my mac, and tried to update the ios there. After many failed attempts, it eventually started updating, but stopped at around 30-40%, and said it error 14, and that it could not be updated as the storage on the iphone is full.

I've tried for 10 hours to fix this. Is there any way to fix this without restoring?

For some reason my backups haven't been automatically saving to my icloud, and 5gb of photos has filled it up, so i need to try and recover my data, as there are many more precious photos on the phone.

P. s. - my iphone is conveniently 2 weeks out of warranty :(

Thank you

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 3:29 PM

That is a tough position to be in. I can imagine the hours that were spent to fix this. I wish that you had a computer backup. I know of no other way but to restore from a back up to get out of this. I am sure that you have done your research and found the same.

Can you log in to www.icloud.com from a computer and see whether majority of your photos are there or not? If there are some photos present then you may have to make a risk assessment and the final decision.

Can't think of any other way that you have not tried already.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 3:29 PM in response to InkyHD

That is a tough position to be in. I can imagine the hours that were spent to fix this. I wish that you had a computer backup. I know of no other way but to restore from a back up to get out of this. I am sure that you have done your research and found the same.

Can you log in to www.icloud.com from a computer and see whether majority of your photos are there or not? If there are some photos present then you may have to make a risk assessment and the final decision.

Can't think of any other way that you have not tried already.

Axel F.

Iphone XS boot loop error 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.