Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased Apple music on Android

Hi, I recently got an android phone and downloaded Apple music. Can I play the album's I've purchased without getting a subscription?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 8:02 PM

Danny1232a Said:

Do you have any idea how? On the app every time I try to play a song I’ve bought it takes me to Apple subscription

———-

Verify if this is Associated:

Use a Computer, as it would be more user-friendly. To see if this is associated to your account, go here: View or remove devices on a Mac or PC.

Music Library is what you need to Access:

• On your Android Device:

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can also access your Music Library — without having to turn on Sync Library — on other devices that support the Apple Music app and on music.apple.com.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 8:02 PM in response to Danny1232a

Danny1232a Said:

Do you have any idea how? On the app every time I try to play a song I’ve bought it takes me to Apple subscription

———-

Verify if this is Associated:

Use a Computer, as it would be more user-friendly. To see if this is associated to your account, go here: View or remove devices on a Mac or PC.

Music Library is what you need to Access:

• On your Android Device:

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can also access your Music Library — without having to turn on Sync Library — on other devices that support the Apple Music app and on music.apple.com.

Nov 3, 2020 5:23 PM in response to Danny1232a

Danny1232a Said:

"Purchased Apple music on Android: Hi, I recently got an android phone and downloaded Apple music. Can I play the album's I've purchased without getting a subscription?"

-------

Purchase Vs. Subscription:

If purchased, then it would stay associated to your Apple Account for as long as your have an Apple Account, and as long as it is still resides in the iTunes Library.

Purchased Apple music on Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.