Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted photos from my phone which I thought was saved in the cloud, but now they are no where to be found?

I deleted photos from my phone which I thought was saved in the cloud, but now they are no where to be found?

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 6:59 PM

If you are using iCloud Photos, your photos are not really saved in iCloud as you might think. iCloud Photos is a syncing service only. Therefore, whatever you do on one device is reflected everywhere that you are using iCloud Photos. If you delete photos in on your phone, they are deleted in iCloud as well.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Look in the recently deleted album so that you can recover the photos.

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 6:59 PM in response to chicobonbon

If you are using iCloud Photos, your photos are not really saved in iCloud as you might think. iCloud Photos is a syncing service only. Therefore, whatever you do on one device is reflected everywhere that you are using iCloud Photos. If you delete photos in on your phone, they are deleted in iCloud as well.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Look in the recently deleted album so that you can recover the photos.

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.